A LITTLE COMFORT WON’T HURT!
By popular demand, I'm sharing one of my kitchen secrets, the best banana bread. Nothing to do with IT but so comforting in these times of isolation and pandemic. Enjoy your meal!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, and an extra to butter the pan.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup very ripe bananas (4 to 5 bananas), mashed
- 1/2 cup of sour cream (that's the secret!)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or pecans (for my son, I replace with a cup of chocolate chips 😊)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and beat to blend.
In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
Add to butter mixture and blend until smooth.
Add bananas, sour cream and vanilla; toss to combine.
Stir in nuts and pour into prepared pan.
Bake until cake tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes (I recommend 1 hour 5 minutes).
Let stand in pan for 10 minutes, then place on wire rack to cool.
It's ready! Hope you enjoy!
Chairman of the Board